General Disclaimer & Site User Agreement
This site is and all its contents is Copyright © 2001 – 2010 The Electives Network Ltd. All rights reserved.
The Electives Network website (“Site”) is a free online information service provided by The Electives Network Ltd. Use of this site is subject to your compliance with the Terms and Conditions set forth below.
We provide this service in good faith but modern law requires that we have this page displayed and accessible, in a prominent place.
PLEASE read this document carefully before accessing or using the site. By accessing or using the site, including any of the interactive features, you agree to be bound by the TERMS AND CONDITIONS set forth below.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE SIMPLE AND COMMON SENSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE.
Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions.
Copying is prohibited except in accordance with the following limited permissions: You may print, download or copy to your hard drive, portions of material from the different pages of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright notices from the text, graphics, code and/or software.
Any product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Use of the Site.
- You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by The Electives Network Ltd, The Electives Network Ltd does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. All external links on Site that point to information, products and services offered through the Site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties that are not operated or run by The Electives Network Ltd.
- Whilst the advice and information on the Site is believed to be true and accurate, The Electives Network Ltd assumes no responsibility for and disclaims all liability for any errors or omissions on the Site or in any other documents or sites which may be referred to or linked to from this Site.
- You also understand that The Electives Network Ltd cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for download through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
- The Electives Network Ltd may offer a search facility on the Site run by an offsite company. The Electives Network Ltd explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the content or availability of information contained in our search index or directory. We also disclaim any responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any directory or search result.
- You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Site. Whilst we take every care in the research, preparation and accuracy of the Site and its facilities, The Electives Network Ltd provides the site and related information "as is" and "as available". To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and regulation, The Electives Network Ltd does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non-infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the Site, any merchandise information or service provided through the Site or on the Internet generally, and The Electives Network Ltd shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such usage or transaction.
- The Electives Network Ltd. makes no warranty that its Site and content will meet users' requirements, or that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
- It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site, or on the Internet generally.
- You understand further that the Internet contains unedited material, some of which is sexually explicit, or of an otherwise adult nature, or may be offensive to you. You access such materials at your own risk and also assess for yourself their suitability for your own use. No material of this nature is ever knowingly posted on the Site. The Electives Network Ltd has no control over, and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
- All copy contained on the Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, The Electives Network Ltd does not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. Therefore, pages on this Site may occasionally contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. Whilst we repair these errors when noticed and update this site regularly, the Site may from time to time, be out of date. The Electives Network Ltd accepts no responsibility for keeping this site error free or up to date, nor can it accept liability for failure to do so.
Indemnification and Reservation of Rights.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Electives Network Ltd, its directors, employees, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you during your use of the Site.
- The Electives Network Ltd reserves the right to release information on current or users of the Site, but only if it believes that the Site is being used by him/her to commit unlawful acts, if the information is requested by the Police and/or if The Electives Network Ltd deems it necessary and/or appropriate to comply with fraud or new anti-terrorism laws. Under no other circumstances will user information be shared with third parties unless required by law, and requested through legal channels.
Special Advice for International Use.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
Dealings with Third Parties.
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through the Site, regarding the payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that The Electives Network Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
The Site does provide links to sites and resources outside of The Electives Network Ltd. Because The Electives Network Ltd has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The Electives Network Ltd is not responsible for the availability or usefulness of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that The Electives Network Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused, by, or in connection with use of, or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
We offer subscription services through electives.net.
- Types of subscription: unless you purchase a subscription to use electives.net then your usage rights will be limited. We currently offer 3 levels of electives.net subscription. In countries where The Electives Network has a sponsor we offer you access free.
- Contract formation: The Electives Network (via PayPal) will try to process your subscription promptly but does not guarantee that your subscription will be activated by any specified time. By submitting your payment and other subscription details, you are making an offer to us to buy a subscription. Your offer will only be accepted by us and a contract formed when we have successfully verified your payment details and email address, at which point we will provide you with access to your subscription. The Electives Network reserves the right to reject any offer in its discretion, for any or no reason.
- Payment details: when you subscribe you must provide us with complete and accurate payment information. You can pay by credit card only. By submitting credit card payment details you promise that you are entitled to purchase a subscription using those payment details. If we do not receive payment authorization or any authorization is subsequently cancelled, we may immediately terminate or suspend your access to your subscription and may in suspicious circumstances contact the issuing bank and/or law enforcement authorities/other appropriate third parties. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms and conditions we will credit that refund to the card you used to submit payment, unless it has expired in which case we will contact you. If you buy a subscription using a corporate credit card than we will treat your subscription as being for the benefit of both you and the relevant company.
- Pricing: the subscription price will be made clear to you on our subscription pages or otherwise during the subscription process and may vary from time to time or by country. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you take out your subscription. You can take out one of three various subscription options. The Electives Network will charge you in the currency of your country of residence. We will always tell you in advance of any increase in the price of your subscription and offer you an opportunity to cancel it if you do not wish to pay the new price.
- Pricing errors: if we incorrectly state a price to you whether online or otherwise, we are not obliged to provide you with a subscription at that price, even if we have mistakenly accepted your offer to buy a subscription at that price, and reserve the right to subsequently notify you of any pricing error. If we do this, you may cancel the subscription without any obligation to us and we will refund you any money you have paid us in full or you may pay the correct price. If you refuse to exercise either of these choices then we may cancel your subscription and will refund you any money you have paid us in full. We will always act in good faith in determining whether a genuine pricing error has occurred.
- Other costs: in addition to any subscription fees you pay, you are responsible for paying any internet connection or other telecommunications charges that you may incur by accessing electives.net or using the services available on it.
- Free trials: we may from time to time and at our discretion make a free trial available to users, in which case we will only charge you for your subscription with effect from the expiry of the free trial period.
- Renewals: Please see the “Cancellations by you” section below for details of how to cancel your subscription. We will send you an email letting you know when your subscription is close to ending (unless you have already told us that you wish to cancel your subscription). We will notify you in advance of any changes to the price in your subscription should you wish to renew.
- Cancellations by you and refunds: unless you cancel your subscription before we have started providing any part of it to you (in which case we will provide you with a full refund), then you agree that once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, you do not have any right to cancel your subscription or any part of it until the end of your then current subscription period. This means that you are not entitled to a refund once we have started providing any part of your subscription to you, except in the very limited circumstances which are referred to in these terms and conditions. Although you may notify us of your intention to cancel at any time, such notice will only take effect at the end of your then current subscription period. You may notify us of your wish to cancel your subscription by contacting our office: +44 (0)1400 269049 if you are in the UK, Europe or Rest of the World
- Cancellations by us: The Electives Network reserves the right to suspend or terminate your subscription if you breach these terms and conditions, with or without notice and without further obligation to you. You will not be entitled to any refund in these circumstances. If however we terminate or suspend your subscription for any other reason and/or permanently cease to provide subscription services then, unless there are exceptional circumstances, we will provide you with a pro rata refund to your credit card, which means that we will refund you with any amounts that you have paid us in advance that relate to any remaining and unexpired period of your subscription.
These terms and conditions apply for the benefit for any or all of the above entities who may rely on them and/or enforce them in their own right.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be subject to English law. In this case, to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, both you and we agree that the courts of England will have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these terms and conditions. For the exclusive benefit of electives.net and to the extent possible in the applicable jurisdiction, The Electives Network will retain the right to bring or enforce proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these terms and conditions are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of the place of business in which you agreed to these terms and conditions or (if different) the country of your remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which will remain in full force and effect. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. Headings in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or effect.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Each use of The Electives Network Ltd reaffirms a users agreement to be bound and abide by these Terms and Conditions of use. If users do not wish to be bound by these or future amendments to the terms, conditions and agreements, they must discontinue and terminate their use of the Site.
- This Privacy Statement explains our data processing practices relating to your personal data collected through this website. If you have any requests concerning your personal information (Personal Data) or any queries about this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Electives Network Ltd processes Personal Data collected via the website to audit usage of the website, for marketing purposes, for the running of prize draws, and so we can provide you with information that you may find useful in future. If you object to our processing your personal data in this way, you may at any time ask us to stop, either by e-mailing info (at)electives.net or writing to The Electives Network Ltd, 15 Wheatsheaf Lane, Long Bennington, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 5DU, UK. You have the right to apply for a copy of your Personal Data collected via this website - for which we may make a small charge - and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to third party sites
- Payment for our services is via Paypal who collect, store and process your personal information on their own servers to provide you with a safe and efficient service. The Electives Network does not see or store this information. Your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will not be revealed to TEN, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so pursuant to a court order or other legal process.
The site was designed and developed by Datanauts
95 Ditchling Road
Brighton BN1 4ST