The hospital was founded in 1862, when it was decided to transform a school into a hospital called the Charity Hospital. In October 1900, the direction and administration of the Charity Hospital, changed its name to St. Elizabeth Hospital and initially had 22 beds. On September 30, 1924, The Association of Charity Aracaju, took over the management of the Hospital changing the name to Santa Isabel. Over the years new departments emerged:Dr. John Firpo Maternity hospital in 1957, Children’s Hospital Dr. José Machado de Souza in 1970, Emergency Unit in 2002 and currently a new Surgical Centres for ICU beds.is being built.
THIS HOSPITAL ONLY ACCEPTS STUDENTS FROM CUBA.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.