Located on the South-West of the island, the hospital was initially a barracks, before being was converted in July 1922 into a 650-bed hospital complex, divided into 25 wards (13 female and 12 male) and staffed by around 1500 people.
It provides services for the district of Plaine-Wilhems and the lower half of Black River district – a population of about 30% that of the whole island. In-patient or out-patient services are proved for the following: General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, O&G, Paediatrics, Anaesthesia, Cardiology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Burns, Pathology, and Dentistry.
There is also a School of Nursing on-site.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
|Local language||English and Creole|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- 8 student ratings for this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.