The Hospital Vicente D-Antoni was constructed in 1924 by the Vaccaro Brothers Company to provide medical services for employees, their families and the entire community. Named Hospital Vicente D’Antoni (HVD), the hospital was donated to the Vicente D’Antoni Foundation, which is a non-profit organisation that took over the management of the hospital. This group still manages the hospital today and has helped it to become one of the best hospitals on the Atlantic coast of Honduras.
Although it is a relatively small hospital, it is able to offer treatment for a wide range of specialties and also supports twenty visiting physicians in addition to the thirty permanent doctors. The hospital offers diagnostic services in; automated laboratory, X-rays and ultrasounds, endoscopies and colonoscopies. It offers a range of surgical services, including; video-laparoscopy surgery, general surgeries, gynecology, orthopedics, neurology and urology.
HVD is classified as a general hospital, but also acts as a teaching facility for the National Autonomous University of Honduras; it is also a participant institution in Stanford University’s Interplast programme and has exchange programmes in place with the Tulane Medical Center from the University of Tulane and Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, both located in Louisiana, USA.
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
|Local language||Spanish / English|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.