The Hospital del Sur is the regional hospital for southern Honduras. It is located in “the old Corvette” and is comprised of four blocks, which were donated for hospital use by Mssrs Antonio Midence, Fausto Sanchez and Ms Antonia Sanchez Salorio in 1925. The hospital opened in the same year, but was not officially established until 1931.
The hospital is located in the city of Choluteca, in the department of Choluteca and is part of Health Region No.6 in Honduras. It provides a range of services, but much of the equipment at the hospital is reaching the end of its useful life, despite some recent renovations. The hospital provides a range of services, including: General Medicine; Surgery; Internal Medicine; Gynecology; Obstetrics; Pediatrics; Ear, Nose and Throat; and Orthopedics.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
|Local language||Spanish / English|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.