The building was opened in 1906 as the Newport Borough Asylum. It was built to accommodate up to 350 patients and extensive outbuildings were later added on the site but since 2005 the number of residents has been very small with the growing emphasis on care in the community.
St Cadoc’s Hospital provides a number of mental health services:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Adult Mental Health Services are provided by 11 Community Mental Health Teams
- Elderly Mental Health Services provided by 5 multi-disciplinary Community Mental Health Teams
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- 1 student rating for this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.