The hospital was first built in 1929 consisting of only 8 beds manned by 1 matron and 2 nursing assistants. This was then rebuilt in 1938, the new hospital had 65 beds for non-white and 40 beds for white patients with a maternity section. By 1952 the hospital had a modern x-ray machine and a well equiped theatre. In 1966 the hospital had 89 beds for white patients, 129 non-white beds and 7 Indian beds. 115 operations were done monthly.
Currently the hospital is undergoing revitalization aimed at face lifting of the OPD, Causality, Pharmacy, and Admission Offices.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
|Local language||Some englsih|
We also have information about 3 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply