Already planned in 1909 its building had to be postponed due to the outbreak of the First World War. The hospital finally opened its doors in 1919. During the Second World War it served as a reserve military hospital. After the War it underwent continuously some refurbishments and extensions. Today, it is a teaching hospital (akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus) of the Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich and part of the hospital group “Südost Bayern” (South East Bavaria).
The hospital provides key medical care to its patients for the city of Traunstein and the entire southern Chiemgau region and across a range of specialities for both in- and out-patient departments with over 22 stations and two emergency departments. In 2015 the hospital staff treated 27,500 in-patients. Attached to the Hospital Traunstein is the rescue helicopter station Christoph 14.
The hospitals location,12km north of the Bavarian Alps and 10km east of the Chiemsee lake, makes this hospital a particularly attractive choice for students who value outdoor activities such as mountain climbing, hiking and mountain biking as well as a number of other activities.
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.