Cox’s Bazar Hospital for Women & Children is a charitable hospital providing inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for Women and Children. They also run outreach programs such as vaccinations and school health. The hospital offers 24 hour care and is able to offer overnight admissions for paediatric patients.
The hospital is in a remote part of Bangladesh and is a vital support centre for the local population, who would otherwise have no access to medical care. In recent years the hospital has established eight satellite centres which are in very remote areas that are undesireable for private doctors due to the lack of funds in the local area. These clinics were set up through sponsorship from Bangladeshis living in bangladesh and abroad.
The hospital and clinics provide the following services:
- Acute medical care, treatment and rehabilitative services
- Mass education of urban and rural areas to teach prenatal care, preventative health
- Infant care, maternity health, breast-feeding, and family planning
- Programs to rehabilitate disable women and children
- First aid stations and satellite clinics in rural area
- Raise awareness against child abuse
There are currently plans to extend the hospital to a more comprehensive unit that will have a 200 bed capacity.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.