Until recently, the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) was the only dedicated rehabilitation hospital in Ireland. The hospital runs outpatient clinics in brain injuries, spasticity/botulinium, spinal/orthopaedic, prosthetics, neurology, paediatrics, plastic surgery, psychiatry and orthotics, thus providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services to patients who have acquired a physical or cognitive disability and who require specialist medical rehabilitation.
The hospital has been working as a specialist facility in this area for almost 50 years and the experience, clinical expertise and solid reputation for excellence that NRH holds is deserved. Patients who receive treatment at the hospital are encouraged to meet their rehabilitation goals using a personalised and tailored treatment plan, which delivered by the interdisciplinary teams that the hospital employs.
The rehabilitation programmes are consultant led and are tailored to meet the individual needs of adult and paediatric patients. The hospital operates in several specialist rehabilitation fields, including;
- Brain Injury (including traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury, Stroke, and other neurological conditions)
- Spinal Cord System of Care (including traumatic and non-traumatic spinal cord injury)
- Prosthetic, Orthotic and Limb Absence Rehabilitation (POLAR)
- Paediatric-Family Centred Rehabilitation
The NRH is a fully publicly funded hospital that provides a high quality of care and treatment to patients irrespective of background or status; the only determining factor used is clinical need.
|Hospital type||Specialist Hospital/Clinic|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.