Founded in 1889 as a Diakonissenkrankenhaus (Deaconess Hospital) in the Ploeck, a small street in Heidelberg. This building was closed and converted into an old people’s home in 1958 and rebuild as the Salem Hospital in 1970 in Handschuhsheim, another quarter in the city. To this day it is under the trusteeship of the Evangelische Stadtmission (Evangelical Mission).
The hospital has an affiliation with the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg and acts as a teaching hospital (Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus) that will accept German students during their practical year (Praktisches Jahr). Places are available in internal medicine, surgery, urology, anaesthetics and gynaecology.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.