The hospital started its work in 1862 but due to the limited room capacities the decision to rebuild it in a more rural area was quickly taken in 1899. The hospital reopened at its new location in 1903. Since this, it has experienced many constructions and extensions and provides now extremely up to date care in modern facilities. Besides of its 510 beds it offers a dialyse centre with 46 beds and 16 main specialty departments and four in-patient units.
The hospital is in a rural setting and provides core medical services as well as some more specialist treatments to those patients who are referred from other, smaller rural settings.
Since 1977 it was affiliated with the University of Wuerzburg. Since 2008 it belongs fully to the RegioMed-Kliniken GmbH.
In March 2016 the University canceled its contract with the hospital due to the decision of the RegioMedGroup to start a cooperation with the University Split, Croatia.
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.