This is a multispecialty hospital and is part of the Apollo network of hospitals, which is one of India’s largest healthcare groups. The Apollo Hospital, Bangalore caters to all medical and surgical specialties.
The hospital has 6 centres of excellence:
1. The Heart Institute
Heart Institute at Apollo Hospitals Bangalore, provides comprehensive tertiary level cardiac care for patients with a “Human Touch”. It has state of the art equipment comparable to any of the International Hospitals with some of the best doctors with widely acclaimed Clinical and International skills. Some of the key milestones achieved include:
• Largest series of endoscopic heart surgeries in south India
• Specializing in beating heart surgeries
• Has the distinction of having done over Ten thousand angiograms, five thousand angioplasties
• Equipped to do heart transplants
• Specializes in Minimal access cardiac surgeries – have carried out the most number of surgeries in the south of India
2. Centre for Orthopaedics
The Apollo Speciality Centres for Orthopaedics is at the forefront in offering the latest in orthopedic treatments and surgical techniques. The centres perform surgical procedures which include the most current arthroscopic and reconstructive techniques – including major joint replacements including the Birmingham Hip resurfacing and shoulder surgeries, arthroscopies, laminectomies, the most delicate hand surgeries and much more. The most advanced medical equipment and a team of highly experienced surgeons are supported by computer navigation and imaging equipment with robotically- assisted technology. Some of the key milestones achieved include:
• Pioneers of Total Knee Replacement in India
• Were the first to perform the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing procedure in India
• The hospital has a 99% success rate for Hip Resurfacing procedures
• Pioneers of Illizarov Procedure for limb lengthening in India
• Revolutionary Ceramic Coated Knee Replacement was performed for the 1st time in South India at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai.
• Successful Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty in a single sitting was carried out on a 92-year old man, at Apollo Hospital, Bangalore.
3. Centre for Oncology
The Apollo Specialty Centers for Oncology have comprehensive state-of-the-art facilities and a coordinated multidisciplinary approach is always followed for the treatment of patients suffering from cancer. The blood and bone marrow transplantation center at Apollo Hospitals, India has performed over 150 transplantations with an excellent success rate. In a short span of two years since inception at Apollo Bangalore, some of the key milestones achieved include:
• Completed 25000 lineac sittings since 2011.
• Administered chemotherapy for over one thousand patients
• Apollo Hospitals Bangalore is the first in the city to start brachytherapy treatment
• It has the distinction of having done the highest number of clinical trials by a corporate hospitals in Bangalore
4. The Department of Neurosciences
The Department of Neurosciences is an advanced neuro-care centre. Established at the very inception of the hospital, the department has seen excellent growth in terms of expertise, numbers, outcomes and type of surgeries carried out. Today the Neurosciences team is a dedicated and highly motivated unit – skillful & dynamic in deliverables. The Consultants are qualified products of prestigious institutes who have won laurels during their academic years. All of them have the added qualification of profound International exposure, training work experience and combine into an effective and divergently skilled team.
The department offers a disease specific, patient focused approach in treating all neurological and neurosurgical disorders including sleep and behavioral disorders. The department is backed by a well established imaging, electrophysiology and lab service that help in accurate diagnostics. It also runs a dedicated sleep lab.
Apollo Hospitals has dedicated spine units with some of the best surgical teams in the country at the helm . Apollo’s Spine Centers have many medical milestones to their credit. The Apollo centers perform the full range of spinal procedures from Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS), to major complex spinal reconstruction. The units are also well known internationally for complex deformity surgeries as well as revision spine surgery. Some of the key milestones achieved include:
- The first to introduce 3rd generation spinal implants in India.
- The first to do a lumbar disc replacement in India.
- Performs the maximum number of spinal deformity corrections in the private health care segment in India.
- Designed anterior stabilization spinal implant which was approved by FDA and is being used now throughout the world.
5. The Apollo Transplant Institutes
The Apollo Transplant Institutes (ATI) is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive solid transplant programs. ATI offers a host of state of the art services which include peritoneal and hemo-dialysis, management of liver disease, management of kidney disease, liver and kidney transplantation, corneal transplantation, heart transplants, intestinal and GI transplant surgeries, gastroenterology, endoscopic procedures, GI surgery, pediatric gastroenterology and pediatric transplant services. Some of the key milestones achieved include:
• Over 50 Kidney transplants in the last couple of years, both live donor and cadaveric
• First successful swap transplant was done in the state
• The only centre in the city to facilitate Kidney transplant in the younger age group
• Only centre in the state equipped to do live donor liver transplants
• Expertise to do paediatric Liver transplants in the state
Apollo Hospitals is a pioneer of modern day emergency care in Bangalore. It set up the ‘National Network of Emergency Services’ to provide emergency care of uniform quality standards across the country. Its 24-hour emergency and trauma care is geared to meet all medical and surgical emergencies, including polytrauma.
6. Apollo Emergency Care
Apollo Emergency Care is a scientifically developed protocol-driven emergency system. The system has several unique and innovative features
• Ambulances that are well equipped and manned by trained personnel –indeed a veritable ‘Hospital on Wheels’
• Air Ambulance Services for remote areas and life-threatening emergencies
• Effective communication system between the central control room, ambulances and the emergency facilities in the hospitals
• Standardised emergency rooms in the hospitals that are a part of the network
• Common functional and medical protocols across the system
• Training of doctors and other personnel required for pre-hospital and in-hospital care
• ‘Dost’- an accident insurance card to increase affordability
• Life Savers’- a community involvement programme for rescuing emergency victims and mobilising emergency response
|Hospital type||Specialist Hospital/Clinic|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.