The George Gennimatas General State Hospital of Athens is a tertiary hospital which offers patients all medical specialties, has fully equipped laboratories with modern equipment and is staffed by highly trained medical, nursing, paramedical and administrative staff.
AHEPA University Hospital was founded in 1947 with the economic support of the AHEPA; a Greek Organization of the United States of America. It opened for the public in 1951, during the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Practically though, the hospital started its normal operation in March 1953.
In 1955 the Swedish philanthropic organisation RÄDDA BARNEN (Save the Children) made a new donation to the hospital. This donation was used in order to construct the Paediatric pavilion with a total of 100 beds. The university’s Paediatric clinic was settled in this new pavilion in 1958.
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.