The hospital was founded in 1817 and was the first teaching hospital in the Netherlands. In 1999 the Academic Hospital merged with the Wilhelmina Children’s Hospital (WKZ) and the Medical Faculty of Utrecht University (MFU) to become the University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht).
- If you wish to participate in a clinical internship, some departments will only accept students who are fluent in Dutch language. An exception may be made if you come to the UMC Utrecht through a bilateral agreement.
- Applications for clinical/scientific research electives must be received by the International Office six months before the anticipated date of arrival, in order to allow sufficient time for arrangements to be finalized (not earlier or later).
Note: We can currently not accept clinical interns from non-EU countries for clinical electives (4-6 weeks) due to a change in the Dutch law. We will update this website if there is any news.
- Follow the application procedure at the website;
- 1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your request (clinical elective or research internship).
- Please note we cannot offer long-term clinical electives, since electives in our curriculum are of 4-6 weeks duration.
- We cannot guarantee you a placement, since we have a lot of our own medical students.
- Currently we can only offer clinical placements to EU students, due to the law for the working permit for non-EU students
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 3 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.