KASANGATI HEALTH CENTRE LEVEL IV PROFILE
Kasangati Health Centre IV is a public district health facility entirely funded by the Government of Uganda. It is located in Wakiso District which is the most populated district in Uganda with a population of over 2 million people with both peri urban and rural populations.
Kasangati Health Centre IV was set up in 1959 to initially take the outpatient pressure off Mulago national referral hospital and provide basic medical care for the local population. Kasangati HC IV offers a wide range of services ranging from maternal and child health services, immunization, dental services, eye services, Inpatient & laboratory services, management of non-communicable diseases like Diabetes and Hypertension, HIV/AIDS services, health checkups and outreaches to the community. The centre offers surgical and emergency obstetric services like caesarian sections, emergency laparatomies, herniorrhapphies.
• There is an HIV/AIDS clinic with over 2500 clients 90% of which are active on ARV’s.
• Tuberculosis clinic has 170 clients in care on treatment
• Outpatient daily attendance is 150-200 patients.
• Daily antenatal care attendance is 120 pregnant mothers (12% are adolescent mothers)
• Monthly delivery rate is 200-250 mothers (atleast 40 mothers delivered by caesarian section monthly)
• 40 inpatient beds for paediatric and adult admission
• Youth and teenage clinic to offer sexual and reproductive health to community youths
• Has a Diabetes and hypertension clinic with 300 patients in care
It is also an institution for medical electives, intern placements, pre-medical and medical students placements, volunteer nurses, counselors and allied staff. It also serves as a research centre for HIV and public health.
Kasangati Health Centre is therefore a resource of many functions of community service, training and research. Kasangati health centre also has one operating theatre where major and minor procedures like caesarian sections, laparatomies, herniorrhaphy, circumcisions orthopaedic and emergency trauma are performed.
MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY TRENDS
Infectious diseases continue to constitute the bulk of morbidity in Kasangati HC IV. The 10 most common diseases
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Diarrhoeal diseases
- Worm Infestations
- Skin Diseases
- Dental conditions
- Mental health problems
Compiled by; DR NYENJE IVAN (DEPUTY MEDICAL DIRECTOR AND ELECTIVES COODINATOR)
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
|Local language||Luganda/ English|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Our specialist review of this hospital
- 8 student ratings for this hospital
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.