The College of Medical Sciences if affiliated with the Kathmandu University and is also fully recognised by the Nepal Medical Council. The college was founded in 1993 to improve medical education, promotion of health and training Para-Medical staff in Nepal.
The college is situated in Bharatpur, a city located in the Chitwan district. The Chitwan National Park is famous for its variety of wild animals.
The hospital features and Out Patient Center, Casualty, ICU, Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and PICU. The Casualty department receives Highway road traffic accidents periodically due to the college being located nearby to the National Highways, connecting the eastern region of Nepal to the west of the country. The Casualty department offers:
- 24 hours emergency services
- 24 hr laboratory services for casualty patients
- Facilities for ECG, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillator, ventilator
- Minor procedures such as Cathetarization, Endotracheal intubation, Chest drainage, Lumbar puncture, dressing & primary wound closure.
- Monitoring of haemodynamic profile & other vitals through ultramodern equipment
- Facilities for neonatal resuscitation
- Prompt & efficient ambulance services
The ICU is the main ICU for the Chitwan area and cares for between 600 and 800 patients per year. The unit consists of 8 bed spaces, including 2 isolation rooms, 6 of the beds are staffed at a ratio of 1 nurse per patient. The remaining 2 beds are for patients who require high levels of nursing care or advanced monitoring of heart, lung or kidney function.
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 0 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.