Lismore Base Hospital is a level 5 base regional referral hospital situated in Lismore, New South Wales within the Northern New South Wales Health District. The hospital provides a number of healthcare services to the public and undertakes over 8100 surgical procedures per year.
Thanks to the Australian Government’s Health and Hospitals fund contributing $60.25 million and the New South Wales Government contributing $20 million to the redevelopment of the hospital, there are now plans for a multi-storey development of the hospital to include:
- A new and significantly expanded Emergency department
- Emergency Medical Unit
- Emergency Care / Fast Track zone
- Expanded Medical Imaging capacity
- A new ambulance drop-off and bay
- A new renal dialysis unit
- A new Hospital Mortuary
- Future expansion space
- Refurbished spaces will accommodate an expanded community health unit consisting of purpose designed consult and interview rooms
- The project will also include construction of a new Pathology Unit and temporary 10 bed Maternity Department
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
We also have information about 3 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.