The Franziskus hospital in Berlin specialises in surgery, anaesthetics, internal and palliative medicine, urology, gastroenterology and radiology. It is situated right in the middle of Germany’s capital. The hospital was founded in 1908 by the sisters of the Franciscan Order, after 1945 it became a general hospital. The German Vascular Centre (das Deutsches Gefäßzentrum Berlin) and the Continence Centre of Berlin (das Berliner Kontinenzzentrum) are part of the Franziskus hospital.
The hospital in numbers: It 209 members of staff treat around 25,650 patients per year of which there are about 11,000 out patients.
The hospital is also associated with the Charité – University Medicine Berlin and acts as a teaching hospital (Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus) that will accept German students during their practical year (Praktisches Jahr).
|Hospital type||Referral/Teaching Hospital|
|Local language||German, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese|
We also have information about 5 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.