The Hospital is believed to have been opened by the British around 1928. A considerable amount of renovation work as well as new constructions have been carried out over the years, but the Hospital still consists of a large number of individual buildings in different shades of quality, size, architecture and appearance.
A greater proportion of the buildings date back to the period 1911-1923. The Hospital was designated as a Regional Hospital in 1997. It occupies a total land area of about 15.65 acres. Politically, it falls within the Osu KlotteySub Metro of the Accra Metropolitan Area.
As Regional Hospital for the Greater Accra Region, its catchment area is the whole of the Region with an estimated population of about 4,283,322 inhabitants. However, the immediate catchment area includes the following suburbs: Nima, Maamobi, Kanda, Accra New Town, Kotobabi, Osu, La, Adabraka, Achimota, Airport Residential Area and Central Accra.
|Hospital type||District General Hospital|
|Local language||English, Ga, Dangme|
We also have information about 4 other hospitals close to this location
- Contact details and information on how to apply
Join TEN now to access more elective hints and tips, case studies, and information on research and teaching opportunities and more.