Thank you for using The Electives Network website. We hope that you will enjoy using our services and will find the information we hold useful.
If you want more information, please contact our data controller: Gordon.firstname.lastname@example.org or email the team at email@example.com
Information we collect
We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, email address and school of study, when you register for an account. During registration we, or our third-party payment processes, will collect your payment information. We do not send any promotional emails, however, we may send you service related emails. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may opt-out of them by cancelling your account.
Personally-identifiable information: Any personally identifiable information you elect to make publically available on TEN website, such as posting comments on our blog or Q&A, will be available to others. If you remove information that you have made public on TEN website, copies may remain available in cashed and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information. TEN will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of TEN (for instance, on servers or data bases co-located with hosting providers).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as visiting pages, exit pages, number of clicks etc.) with third-parties to help us to understand the usage patterns for certain TEN services and also for improvement purposes.
Storage and Processing
Your information collected through TEN may be stored and processed in the UK or within our partner organisations if you sign up through their websites. Your information will be stored with our hosting provider. Please read our data retention policy below for more detailed information.
How we protect your information
TEN is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TEN, or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach. No method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use an outside credit card processing company to bill you for the service. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways. To operate, maintain, enhance and provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide support to the TEN users. We use the information to understand and analyse the user trends and preferences of our users, to improve the services and functionality. We may use user email address to contact the user for administrative purposes, with updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and partners we work with.
Access Correction and Deletion
If you wish to access or amend any personal data about you, or to request we delete any information we have about you, you may contact us (details found in the “Contact Us” section of the website). If you decline to share certain personal data with us, we may not be able to provide you with our service.
We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as the user account is active. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce out agreements as follows:
- Billing information is retained for a period of 7 years as of the provision to Stripe.
- Archive the data retained for a period of 7 years with our hosting provider.
Data Controller, Data Processor and third-parties
- TEN is the data controller and we collect data for the following purposes; to operate, maintain, enhance and provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide support to the TEN users. We use the information to understand and analyse the user trends and preferences of our users, to improve the services and functionality. We may use user email address to contact the user for administrative purposes, with updates on promotions and events relating to products and services offered by us and partners we work with. Currently TEN is working with Datanauts, the hosting provider who store and archive data for TEN. They work under EU law. In addition, TEN works with Google Analytics and Hotjar to provide an insight into our users’ behaviour on the website using non-Personally Identifiable information. Hotjar are an EU based company. The user thus acknowledges that TEN may be transferred to third parties.
If the user considers than TEN does not comply with its obligation in terms of data protection, the user may file a request or a complaint before the ICO, to the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
Any user may directly contact TEN to enforce his right hereunder (details found in the “Contact Us” section of the website), by attaching to his request a proof of identity. The requests aiming at the deletion of personal data will be subject to the legal obligations imposed on TEN in terms of data storage.
Any user has the right to the portability of his data, allowing him, upon request sent to TEN, to obtain the data provided to TEN under a ready to use format, and to transfer as the case may be such data to any third party.
Privacy Statement Specifics
- This Privacy Statement explains our data processing practices relating to your personal data collected through this website. If you have any requests concerning your personal information (Personal Data) or any queries about this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We collect your personal data for the legitimate interests purposes only and all the data processing comes to support this legal basis.
- The Electives Network Ltd processes Personal Data collected via the website to audit usage of the website, statistical purposes, marketing purposes, running of prize draws and so we can provide you with information that you may find useful in future. If you object to our processing your personal data in this way, you may at any time ask us to stop, either by e-mailing email@example.com or writing to The Electives Network Ltd, 15 Wheatsheaf Lane, Long Bennington, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 5DU, UK. You have the right to apply for a copy of your Personal Data collected via this website - for which we may make a small charge - and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to third party sites
- Payment for our services is via Stripe who collect, store and process your personal information on their own servers to provide you with a safe and efficient service. The Electives Network does not see or store this information. Your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will not be revealed to TEN, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so pursuant to a court order or other legal process.